Friday, December 28, 2007

Shedding the pounds

My new adventure in shedding the pounds involves Weight Watchers, and I have quite a few friends joining me on this quest using their own diet plan. I'm tired of being fat and not finding anything nice to wear. I'm tired of my feet and knees aching. I'm tired of being tired. So here's where I have to start reading labels and watch my servings. I haven't officially started yet, right now I'm changing out ingredients and cutting down servings first. That may sound like a cop out, but really, I just don't "dive in the deep end" very well anymore. Plus there is food in my pantry that I can't afford to just throw out. I'm buying different brands when it's time to replace. I would venture a guess the prep period of replacing stuff, making meal plans and trying new recipes will take a couple months. My weight loss journey will be very slow, I admit. Its how I'm wired, how I function.
When you look on the net you will find millions of WW links. Some good, some bad. I am amazed about just how much there is. The one thing I like about WW is that you can use real food, from real stores right down the road. You don't have to go to some swanky health food store to find whole wheat bread or no yolks pasta. Soon as I get time and collect some favorites, I'll post a list. Right now tho, I'm using a points calculator which is really neat. You type in your calories, fat and fiber and it calculates your points per serving. So if you have some processed food left in the cabinet you can figure your points out.
The other thing that I'm doing which is very anti diet is whole milk. I was reading about how Americans who are always doing the low fat thing are low on omega 3's and 6's. You get that from whole milk, poultry, eggs, etc. To me this is more important to get it in my kids than myself. I'm actually thinking about picking up a carton of Soy for myself and giving the kids the whole milk. Its expensive so I'm looking for a different store. So that's what I've been up to. How are you?

No comments: