Thursday, December 6, 2007

Imitation spider bites, gluton for punishment and "gifts that shine"

*shaking head*
Ok remember the alleged spider bite and the resulting 3 hour ER visit only to be released with a "whatever it was its gone now" response?
Well.
See we were at DQ. What does DQ have? Ice cream. How do they keep it frozen? A very cold freezer. Very cold. I think there's even food inspectors who take the temperature. So he had an ice cream and we saw a blister like mark after earlier having dealt with a wolf spider sitting on his shirt. So tonight, we were there again. Again he had ice cream. Again, a "blister" appeared.
Folks, this was no spider bite. It was freezer burn. That ice cream was so hard he had to chew it sideways(hence ice cream to his ears and a trip to the bathroom).
Its gone now, I checked. And I didn't have to go to the ER to do it either.

So we came home and it's cold. We are under a winter weather advisory which basically means its going to get nasty cold and *if* there's any precipitation there might be snow or ice. Just until the weekend, when it will raise just enough to melt the ice.
Anyhoo we came home and the dogs are happy to see us. Little bear gets a little wild when they are running around but calms down later. The beagle adores little bear. He loves on her, lays on her, grabs her and tries to enclose her in boxes. Every time I separate the two, she runs right back to him. Telling him to stop doesn't stick if she keeps going back for more. I mean the dog will get his attention then roll over on her back and lay there while he attempts to put a toy firefighter hat on her head. Or grabs her legs and make her dance.

Things are calmer now, little bear is tired of the dog and sweet girl has read her library books out loud, asking me questions to make sure I'm listening. In the mail today we got a catalog to Emergency Essentials. Normally, I love this catalog but I'm a off grid buff to begin with. Now this is the Christmas edition. So now instead of the normal"hurry while they last" kind of scheme its a "gifts that shine!" theme. And you know, nothing says love like 3 function knife or a Hand Grain Mill. I don't know about you, but I think I would prefer a pair of purple fuzzy slippers and a stocking full of candy.:)

No comments: