Thursday, May 29, 2008

Isnt it funny

.....when you come face to face with a developmental disability you start to see it in other people? After our son was dx'd with Autism we started doing research and one day I realized I could trace autism like traits back 4 generations in my mothers family. I started coming to grips with the genetic form of autism long before some medical report came out to say hey look was we found. If you think about it, we all have one trait or another. I can remember being the awkward kid in class, not having the ability to make friends or understand social cues, not fitting into a mold and not being one of those follow the crowd kind of kids. But back then, that was just the *awkward preteen* stage. It didn't make it any easier to deal with.

Now brother bear has some very dominant traits, whereas his sister has some very passive ones. So passive that she has control of most of them, and we can talk her thru the rest. Its so odd that if you carry something in your genes and only a select few are passed down. Why is Nicole so higher functioning and Hunter is not? Why did God choose things the way they are? Only time will tell.

I have such a huge headache today its hard to think. I just finished a round of ZPac so I can't get another one for 2 weeks. I just took some Ibuprofen because the Excedrin Sinus Headache wore off too quick. the only thing that helps is lay down very still and since the kids are up and moving I don't think that's a good idea.

Well. You all have a nice day! I really need to get moving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is interesting, isn't it, JoAnn. I hope you are feeling better by tomorrow. I hate sinus infections!

JoAnn said...

Ahhhh Grace, there you are. Been missing you.:)